After Work: COPE 378's Retirees' Website
Promoting the well being, interests, and continued involvement of retired COPE 378 members
**UPDATE - The contest to name the association is now closed. However, we continue to invite you to update your information with us and play a part in the association.**
Dear Sisters and Brothers:
As a past member of COPE Local 378 who has retired, or is approaching retirement, we invite you to participate in the formation of a new association for retired members.
Our first job is to choose a name for this association. All ex-COPE local 378 members over 50 years of age are invited to join the association and we want a name that clearly reflects the vitality of this group.
Members of the association will ultimately determine the objectives of the association and guide its activities, but the current vision is that the association will:
- Provide information to retirees and pre-retirees on:
- health and health insurance services,
- senior’s discounts offered by businesses,
- travel, financial, insurance and other services
- Provide information on proposed and actual changes in government legislation, policy and practices applicable to retirees.
- Provide a means for retired members to network with other retirees. Facilitate the organization of social activities for retirees.
- Provide a means for retired members to get involved in the community and support initiatives of the local, e.g.: Citizen’s for Public Power and Women’s Issues.
Basic funding for the association will be provided by COPE local 378.
You can register on-line for the association by clicking here and filling out an online survey.
Fill out the Registration Form (download by clicking here), provide your current contact information and fax to (604) 299-8211 or mail to:
Retired Members Association
2nd Floor, 4595 Canada Way,
Burnaby, BC V5G 1J9
Yours in Solidarity,
President, Canadian Office and Professional Employees Union, local 378